Becca x Jaclyn Hill 'Champagne Pop': All Glowed Up

By Wednesday, January 13, 2016 ,






This wont be news to anybody when I say, this has been the year of the highlight. That almost wet looking glow on the tops of the cheekbones, cupid's bow, tip of the nose...your whole face. I'm not going to sit here and deny the fact that I definitely jumped on this bandwagon but I must say it took me a while. Before getting over my fear of looking shiny, I strayed far away from highlighters but now I'm channelling my inner J'Lo on the daily.


To help me achieve that J'Lo glow, I'm obviously going to be talking about Becca x Jaclyn Hill's Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed 'Champagne Pop'. It's easy to say this has been far from a flop. With originally being announced as limited edition and many ridiculous ebay bids later, they finally made it permanent and I'm here to tell you why you should go pick this up since everybody now has the chance to.

In case you have no idea what I'm talking about, this product was created by Becca Cosmetics, who are highly renowned for their higlighters, in collaboration with the 'highlighting queen' of youtube, Jaclyn Hill. What seems like a OTT marketing scheme to some, is a blessing to others. Being a consumer just like the rest of us, Jaclyn was able to create this unique yet universal shade, that most skin tones coveted.

Being a soft white gold, rather than just a classic gold makes it suitable for fairer skin tones and along with that is a peachy undertone, making it warm enough for darker skin tones. Everyone can be happy! Although using the word 'soft' by no way means that this is a subtle highlight, as it was created by Jaclyn.

Along with a gorgeous shade, is a gorgeous formula. I never owned a Becca highlighter prior to this one and so I was blown out of the water. It glides onto the skin beautifully, looking smooth and more like a dramatic sheen, which is the exact kind of glow you want.

A couple of warnings with this product: With the formula being so soft and delicate, there have been numerous horror stories of product smashing. Annoying? Yes. Unavoidable? Not entirely. Just treat it like your baby and I also wouldn't recommend travelling with it. It also has a strong chemical smell which isn't a problem, until you use the compact to do your mascara or lipstick in.

I truly believe there is nothing like it out there. The buttery smooth Becca formula is simply incomparable and as for the shade, although people are trying to find dupes, nothing comes close in my opinion. It is the most unique shade I own and that's all I can truly say. So congratulations to Jaclyn as she has this whole shade game down, which makes me super excited to see what her own makeup line will deliver.

Until the next post,

Deanna

x

You Might Also Like

0 comments