Everyday Summer Face #1

By Sunday, June 07, 2015 ,



We all have a makeup look that we try out and think wow, I actually look half-decent and as creatures of habits stick to for so many weeks following and so today I'm here to share mine with you! It's a bit of a summery one so it's light, glowy and super easy for you lazy ones out there!

Base. With my face all clean and primed (using the Benefit Porefessional, not shown here) I then go ahead and slap on some of the tried and true Nars Sheer Glow foundation with my Real Techniques buffing brush as it makes for the easiest, flawless application. It just gives my face that glowy, lit from within look but with a pretty decent amount of coverage. You seriously just cannot go wrong with a Nars base. Now if I was going all out, I'd do the whole concealing and highlighting till my beauty blender disintergrates but for this simple look I simply dab a little bit of the MAC Studio Finish Concealer under the eyes and on some imperfections, set that all with some translucent powder and move onto some subtle face definition.

Cheeks. I was blessed with naturally tan skin and so I can get away with a hefty amount of bronzer which I love and so for this look, since we're going for the easy and lazy theme I really take joy in swirling my brush in my Soap & Glory Solar Powder and then continue that swirling around the contours of my face, bringing in some warmth and colour. Following that up, I'll add a little bit of the Max Factor Creme Puff Blush in Nude Mauve for a subtle hint of pink (but not too much as this isn't the most summery of shades, oops?) and some highlight since this product is definitely glowy but in the best way...although not enough as I sneak in a tiny amount of my favourite highlighter, theBalm Mary Lou-Manizer.

Eyes. After running a basic light brown shade through my crease and onto the outer corners, I take my trusty, first-love Urban Decay Naked 2 palette and load up 'suspect' on a brush and smooth that all over my lid. I don't take too much time in really patting it on, making sure you catch the intensity of the shimmer as I'm going for a laid-back and light look. It's a lovely gold shade that isn't too warm or cold and so it adds the perfect amount of something and light to your eyes. My inspiration for this look comes from this tutorial as Casey makes it look super easy and great for us brown-eyed girls! I complete this look by brushing on a couple of coats of my favourite Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara. 

Lips. Now, I'm never too crazy or exciting when it comes to lips but this re-discovery has me putting on lipstick more than normal. The Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss Lipstick in 08 was the first lipstick I used on a daily basis and although it's not the most natural of nudes, it's a rosey mauve pink colour that adds some definition and colour in a subtle but noticeable way #thatjuxtapositionthough

And that's it! There's a run-down of my current summer makeup routine and although I'm currently loving it, I'm sure I'll be back soon with a new one if anyone's interested!

Until the next post,


Deanna

x


You Might Also Like

0 comments