Fresh First Impressions

By Friday, June 12, 2015 , , ,



I say 'fresh' because I literally bought these products this afternoon and so here are my real first thoughts on them! I also realise they are all youtuber inspired because that's all I seem to spend my time doing but it's okay right? It's summer which means no uni so we can just ignore the fact that I should be researching into my dissertation...right? Right. Moving along!

If you haven't heard of the Clinique Cheek Pops, where have you been? Clearly not on the internet as the youtube/blogger community are losing their pretty little minds over it... and as of today, this includes myself. I was initially inspired to buy it in the colour 'Nude Pop' as it is all youtuber KathleenLights has been raving about and looks absolutely beautiful on her but here's the catch. That colour in particular is only available in the states *cue crying of a million beauty enthusiasts* but I managed to get what I believe is second best, 'Ginger Pop'. It's a deep peachy sort of colour; great for summer and the formula is by far one of the best blush formulas I've come across; buttery and blendable? I'm down for swirling my brush in it.

Now as you can see, there's two lip products in the picture above...yes, I finally bought some new lip products, incredible! I've mentioned before on this blog that lips has got to be my least favourite category when it comes to makeup but I couldn't resist the temptation to buy this lip combo any longer, not with Lily Pebbles wearing it every other video and making it look like something I could wear. It's MAC Lip Pencil in Soar and MAC Matte Lipstick in Mehr. Combined together, I'm in love with these products but I can't say I can imagine myself wearing Soar any other time as many people are doing, as that Kylie Jenner look isn't my fave. On the other hand though, Mehr is a beautiful basic, dark pink that I can definitely see myself getting a lot of use out of.

I wish I could say that's all I got today but after taking this picture I may have gone to Boots whilst on the way to Sainsbury's and picked up another Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick in Frambourjois and made my first Real Techniques Bold Metals Collection purchase! I picked up the 202 Angled Liner Brush in hopes to save my eyebrow routine and so if it does that, you'll definitely be hearing about it on here soon.

Until the next post,

Deanna

x

You Might Also Like

0 comments